An exciting, energising and fun filled workshop for you to explore and enjoy!
- To be in-touch with your inner self
- To reclaim the ownership and empower women by giving themselves the permission to play, sing and dance to the sounds of the drum and celebrate life for what it is.
TIME: 11:30am - 1.30pm (2hrs)
COST: $50 (inc. snacks with coffee and tea)
WHAT TO BRING
- Bring your beautiful self and an open mind.
- A Jembe drum
- A sarong or fabric to wrap around your happy hips.
- Comfortable clothes to dance and move in (gym gear) and a towel.
- Drinking water.
In many countries and especially in Africa, the women haven’t been allowed to play the Drum or Koura instrument, even though it was a woman who discovered and made the first instrument for her hyperactive cousin to try to engage, entertain and distract him as he suffered from what is now recognised as ADHD.
The boy loved and enjoyed the sounds that the instruments made when he played, as well as the chants that his Aunt chanted to the Drumbeats and the charm of the Koura everyday.
With the long practices alongside the buzz of the instruments the boy became very well known in his village and distance villages .Nobody really knew anything about the woman behind the instruments creation, or the joy, relief, freedom and satisfaction she got from being able to find ways to help her long suffering cousin, until now.